Sunday 3 November 2013

Super Easy Butter Chicken & Happy Diwali!

Hello friends!
I have some exciting news to share with you on the kitchen front as I have been chosen as a Patak`s Ambassador for a 12 month program through Mom Central Canada and Patak`s where I will be able to share with you some new inspiration each month for Indian cuisine as I try to `mix in a little India` into our menu rotation.
One of the reasons that I applied for this program is that I really wanted to become more familiar with Indian cookery and to try some new dishes to add more delicious variety to our meals.
And to start off this program, a box full of delicious-smelling Patak`s pastes, sauces, chutneys and pappadums were delivered to our home.
For my very first recipe, I thought I would start with Butter Chicken as I have never made Butter chicken before.
To make Butter Chicken for our dinner one night, all I needed was this jar of Patak`s Spicy Butter chicken sauce, chicken and rice.
The recipe I used was on the back of the jar of Butter Chicken sauce, and it was so easy for a newbie to Indian cooking, and it took less than half an hour from pan to table!
Patak`s Spicy Butter Chicken

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 jar of Patak`s Spicy Butter Chicken Sauce
2. 3-4 chicken breasts cut into large chunks
3. 5 cups rice, cooked 
4. Fresh cilantro, if desired

Directions: 
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in frying pan.
2. Add diced chicken.
3. Stir fry chicken until meat is sealed and browned  (approx. 5 min.). 
4. Add jar of Spicy Butter Chicken and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
 Ladle Butter Chicken over hot rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
This dish was not only easy to prepare, but my family loved the spicy chicken, the fragrant aroma and a tasty meal on a cold, fall evening!
 And today is also a special day on the Indian Calendar as November 3rd is the Diwali Festival of Lights.
Diwali is one of the most important Festivals of the year for Hindus and many families celebrate Diwali around the world by taking part in special traditions in their homes.
Diwali traditions involve cleaning the home and lighting small clay lamps filled with oil to celebrate the triumph of good over evil, and to welcome the goddess Lakshami!
And it is also tradition to celebrate Diwali by wearing new clothes and sharing special sweets and snacks with family members and friends.
The spiritual meaning behind Diwali is the awareness of inner light and I think it is a beautiful holiday to celebrate with food and friends!
The Golden Temple in Amritsar, Punjab state in India, is the holiest shrine for Sikhs around the world. Thousands are gathering here for the Diwali celebration tonight.
So Happy Diwali to you and your family and I hope you have some time today to celebrate the inner light inside us!

Disclosure-I am part of the Patak`s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.


Linkin' up with:
Under The Table & Dreaming, Show Me What Ya Got, Tuesday Talent Show,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from