Tuesday 5 November 2013

Delicious One Pot Chili & Cooking With KitchenAid

It happened a few days ago...we woke up to a thin covering of snow...so it's safe to say that winter has arrived. That means that it's time to get out those cold weather recipes such as hearty soups, homemade chilies and pot roast dinners. I actually really like this time of year because I enjoy the simplicity of serving one pot meals to a hungry family when everyone returns to the nest at the end of cold day.

I have been so lucky this fall to be able to test and try out this beautiful enameled cast iron  KitchenAid 6 quart covered casserole dish from Canadian Tire. If you have never cooked with  enameled cast iron from Kitchen Aid, let me tell you about all of the things that I have discovered about cooking with this amazing covered casserole dish in the last 2 months. First, it browns meat wonderfully well.
Second, the pot works from the inside out to self baste whatever meat is cooking to keep it moist and tender.
Third, it has really comfortable, wide handles which are so important when taking a hot dish full of food in and out of the oven and to the table.
Fourth, it is stylish enough to go straight to the table for a family sit-down meal. AND, as you know, cast iron holds heat like a boss, so the dish stays hot for a long time!
And here's another plus....the cost of this lovely dish is really affordable when compared to other similar dishes made of cast iron. So you don't have to break the bank to invest in a fabulous piece of kitchen equipment that will last a lifetime!
Here's our family`s easy recipe for chili, which I made inside the casserole dish,  that is not too spicy or too full of beans, which makes it the perfect 'middle of the road' chili that most people can eat!
Easy One Pot Chili
(serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup diced green pepper
1 cup diced red pepper
2 large cans diced tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce
1.5 cups corn {frozen or canned}
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of beans in tomato sauce
3/4 cup chili powder {add more if you like}
1 tablespoon oregano

Directions:
1. In bottom of large casserole dish, brown ground beef with onion, green pepper and red pepper until meal is cooked thoroughly with no pink remaining. Add chili powder and oregano and stir well.
2. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, and beans. 
3. Stir to combine and simmer on medium heat for 30-40 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with a green salad and rolls or bread.

One of the things that I couldn`t wait to try in my new KitchenAid casserole dish was Julia Child`s Beef Bourguignon recipe. My mother was visiting at the time and actually made the entire dish  and it was positively amazing! We served our beef with buttered noodles and  it was so, SO good.
There is nothing better than family gathering around a table with a great meal.
As a mom who cooks everyday, I have to say that I am thrilled to have the KitchenAid 6 quart covered casserole dish as part of my arsenal  of trusty and reliable kitchen equipment. I know that I can use this quality dish to create any one pot meal with terrific results and it will keep delicious food inside warm for a long time, which is really helpful for a busy family where often people eat at different times depending on their schedules!

Disclosure-I was so kindly provided with this dish by Canadian Tire and KitchenAid and I would like to thank both for the opportunity to test and review this product. (In fact, I asked for this dish!)  As always, I only work with products that I love and feel my readers would enjoy as well. All opinions are my honest opinions and I truly love this casserole dish! 

Linkin' up with:
Under The Table & Dreaming, Show Me What Ya Got, Tuesday Talent Show, Wow Me Wednesday, I Gotta Create, StoneGable,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from