Thursday 28 November 2013

Easy Holiday Family Gift

I love creating gift baskets. There is just something so fun about putting a group of things into a basket that makes it look so special when packaged all together.I know sometimes that it can be hard to find a gift for a family with children of different ages, so I came up with this basket of things that can be used to create a family night..and the best part is no dishes!
To start, I searched my local Goodwill to find baskets/buckets to use for the gift bundle. I found this awesome tin bucket for just 50 cents. It holds everything perfectly! And with a ribbon and gift tag, it also looks festive too!
Next,  I filled the basket with large paper plates, small paper plates, cups, napkins, straws and a movie all wrapped up. I bought all of the paper goods on clearance last year at HomeSense and nothings was over 90 cents.  It's always great to pick up marked down paper goods when you see them.
The straws came from my favorite supplier and I tucked in a $5.00  family movie from the local department store.
There is a set of 8 of everything...more than enough for most families for a meal. 
And you could also tuck in a gift card for a local pizza place or Chinese food takeout if  a meal is in the gift-giving budget.
You could also include popcorn, a box of chocolates or homemade  cookies too!
And this is also a gift that the kids can help to put together too by choosing and wrapping the movie and helping to put everything into the basket.
Sometimes it can be hard to find a gift for a family on a budget...especially when you are not sure what board games are already owned or there are a lot of different ages of children.
This gift provides everything for a fun movie night which is a great activity for winter and is something that my own family really looks forward to when our busy schedules allow!

What are some of your favorite gifts for families? 
I would love to hear your ideas!

Here are some other great ideas for fun activities for families:

For more great ideas, don't forget to check out some of my favorite boards on Pinterest:

Thank you so much for visiting! 

This post is linked to:
Savvy Southern Style, I Gotta Create, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, The Party Bunch, Link Party Palooza, Party Junk, Christmas Wonderful Link Party, Super Saturday Show & Tell, The DIY Showoff,  Monday Funday Link Party, Block Party, Our Sunday Best, Inspiration Monday, The Sunday Showcase,  Craft-O-Maniac, Homestories A to Z, Time To Sparkle, Chef-In-Training, One Project At A Time,  Take A Look Tuesday, Show Me What You Got, Gingersnap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, I Gotta Create, I'm Lovin' It, Inspire Me Please, Homemade Gift & Wrap Party, Liz Marie Blog, All Things Christmas Link Party, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from