Tuesday 12 November 2013

DIY Christmas Wreath

 Let's talk Christmas wreaths, shall we? Do you have a  Christmas wreath that you hang up every year and you used to like it....but now...maybe not so much? Do you keep hanging it up year after year, or do you pass it on? I found myself recently in this dilemma where I was so tired of a large wreath that I put it in the Goodwill pile yet again, only to pull it out thinking that it could become a DIY project. Except this time I FINALLY did it! I took the bull by the horns and make a completely new wreath from an old wreath. Here is the story of how an old, tired wreath became lovely & new in red & gold.

Here's the original wreath circa 2001. I loved it at the time, but after 12 years, it was time for it to go where ever old wreaths go to retire. 
But then I decided that a remake was in order. My new colour scheme of choice...red & gold.
So I ripped this baby apart and never looked back.
{In fact, I ripped it apart so fast and got to work that I forget to take a picture in progress, but you can see the new flowers and berries to the left of the old wreath.}
While browsing the aisles of fake flower heaven, I came upon these red flowers with gold centers and these became the inspiration for the whole  new wreath.
I picked up some red ribbon, gold lotus pieces, along with a couple of gold accent pieces and a sprig of red berries.
I made a grouping of 3 red flowers flanked by gold accent pieces and gold lotus flowers, and then I hot-glued everything to the wreath.
Then I weaved red ribbon throughout the rest of the wreath and finished off with a big red bow. I left the pine cones from the original wreath in place and  hot glued some red berries here and there.
I love my new old wreath. It was the exact refresh I was looking for.
And this new lovely now resides in the perfect spot...outside on the window of our front porch!
You can see more about the whole front porch in this post HERE.
 And you might also like to take a peek at these easy PAPER STRAW SNOWFLAKES.
Thank you so much for sharing your time with me! My readers are the most awesome people!

Wishing you an INSPIRED day! 


Linkin' up with:
Gingersnap Crafts, The DIY Dreamer, The Inspiration Exchange, I Gotta Create, StoneGable, Inspire Me Please, I`m Lovin It, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Inspiration Gallery, Fabulously Creative Friday,  The Frugal Girls, Link Party Palooza, Uncommon Designs, Craft-0-Manic, Block Party,  Time To Sparkle, Home Stories A to Z, Take A Look Tuesday, The Scoop, Savvy Southern Style, Super Saturday Show & Tell,  The Party Bunch, Sunday Best Linky Party, Inspiration Monday, Made By You Monday,  Metamorphosis Monday, One Project At A Time, The DIY Showoff,
Party Junk, Christmas Wonderful Link Party, Get Your DIY On,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from