Thursday 12 January 2012

Valentine Sweet-spiration Week: Table Decor...

 I am so happy to be able to share with you some budget-friendly table decor ideas for
 'Happy Hearts Day'.
This pretty table was created for just  under $10.
Yes! It's true! $10.

Fresh flowers would be awesome for  decor, but I wanted decor that I could use a few times.... for a little brunch with some friends the week before Valentine's Day, as well as for a special family meal on the day itself...and fresh flowers wouldn't last that long.
And I wanted the decor to be budget friendly and re-usable.
 In the aisles of Dollarama, I picked up 2 packages of red heart paper doilies for $1 each, and 3 packages of Valentine picks.
While browsing at Homesense, I found the red & white paper flowers marked down to $1 because they were 'Christmas decor'...but they looked more Valentine-sy to me.
The large red heart doilies made a bright & fun base for the centerpiece by arranging 3 in a row.
Can I mention here that having a white table cloth, white dishes and white vases are a great investment?
They can be dressed up for any occasion!
I purchased all my white dishes and vases from Goodwill a few  years ago.
Goodwill is a terrific source for dishes...the prices are perfect for a small budget.
Just bring them home and run them thru the dishwasher so they are sterilized and you are good to go!

 I also used the red doilies to layer between the dinner dishes for a dressed up look.
 And they are a perfect compliment to the heart napkin rings I made earlier in the week.
 I popped the flowers and the Valentine's Day picks into the vases.
 Here is 1 flower and the 'XOXO' pick tucked into a vase.
I used a bigger vase in the center with the heart pick, the 'love' pick and 2 red & white flowers.
{the white daisies I already had.}
I love the sparkly red with the white...simple but it works.
 And here's another tip for table decor and dessert.
Dollarama had these adorably wrapped little boxes of chocolates for $1, so I picked up a few and piled them on a white cake plate.
This would make a super easy dessert for a Valentine's day meal....most people are very happy a little piece of chocolate for dessert.
 And Valentine's Hersheys hugs in a white bowl make a sweet little touch to the table as well.
Just add a frozen pizza and a salad for a time-friendly & easy meal, or go all out and make a gourmet meal to celebrate Valentine's Day with your sweeties!
Either way, this simple decor will work!



No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from