Friday 27 January 2012

A Vacation Memory Jar...

I have wanted to make a 'Vacation Memory Jar' for a long time.
I just love the look of them....something touchable and tangible.
Inside this jar rests the memories and sand from our family vacation to Florida in March 2011.
I really would have loved to use an antique jar, but I had visions of it being knocked or smashed on the floor....those types of things happen in this house....so I found this acrylic jar to use as  a safer choice.
I like the size and shape...perfect for this project.
I used simple twine to tie around the top for rustic feel....along with some scraps from my scrapbooking stash.
Some tiny clothespins worked well for attaching a tag to the picture.
I also used a photo overlay to add the pattern around the outside edge of the picture.
And sand from Cocoa Beach....a place that my family has been visiting since 1982.
The shells were collected by the children.
The little bottle full of shells we purchased from 'Ron Jon's'...a Cocoa Beach Landmark.
This project didn't take very long to put together after I had assembled the jar and my stash of scrapbooking embellishments.
I just played until I got a look that was pretty to me.
{It was extremely hard to photograph though...because of light & reflection!}
The memory jar sits on a shelf in a place that we can all enjoy.
It was a such a fun project to make.
I think this would be so lovely to make as a keepsake for a wedding too....with a pretty picture inside of the bride & groom and dried flowers from the wedding...it would be stunning and unique!




This post is linked to these terrific parties:




Positively Splendid

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from