Thursday 15 November 2012

Gingerbread Scones with White Chocolate & Cranberries

I know. I know. I am sharing another scone recipe, but this one is my absolute personal favourite!
I just love these SO much and everyone I have given them to has absolutely loved them too. It's the kind of recipe that every time I take a bite, I just close my eyes and think, "Darn! This is so good".
This is, by far, better than anything you could buy and for less than 30 minutes, you have 16 little scones that are just the bees knees. I am making 4 batches of these to package in 8 parcels for gifts for friends and neighbours.
Gingerbread Scones with White Chocolate & Cranberries
{Make 16 small scones}

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
1/3 cup molasses {I used Crosby's molasses}
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen {I like using berries that are frozen because they don't get mashed up when they are mixed in.
3/4 white chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips {I used Bernard Callebaut white chocolate chunks bought in bulk at Superstore.}

For tops of scones:
3/4 cup white chocolate melting wafers, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped craisins


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400. In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Cut in butter with 2 knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chunks.

2. In small bowl, whisk together molasses, milk and egg yolk until smooth.

3. Stir molasses mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. If mixture seems too dry, add a little more milk and mix gently.

4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. {Flour your hands too to avoid dough sticking}. Knead gently 6-8 times.

5. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into an approx. 7 inch circle. Using large, sharp knife, cut each circle into 8 wedges {like a pie}. Transfer wedges {a knife can be used as a spatula} to a large cookie sheet.

6. Bake for approx. 12 minutes or until scones are puffed up and edges are golden and toothpick comes out clean.

7. Let cool completely.  Drizzle with melted white chocolate using a teaspoon and sprinkle with finely chopped craisins to finish.

Now treat yourself and make a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy a delicious gingerbread scone! This scone recipe is my *VERY* favourite and I hope you love it and love sharing it too!

Please be sure to visit Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 of "Gifts From The Kitchen" week! Tomorrow involves a gift which requies no baking and only takes 15 minutes to make!

If you would like to see some of my other scone recipes, check out here and here and here.




This post is linked up to these great parties:
The Frugal Girls, Craftberry Bush, Not Just A Housewife, Tidy Mom, Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters' Stuff, Positively Splendid, I Heart Naptime, Craft-O-Maniac, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons,
Cozy Little House, Beauty and Bedlam, The DIY Dreamer, Lil Luna, Uncommon, Savy Southern Style, Gingersnap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Sweet Boutique, Someday Crafts, Chef in Training, Under the Table & Dreaming, Dixie N Dottie, 52 Mantels, Stone Gable, 36th Avenue,
Frugal Girls, Today's Creative Blog, Inside Bru Crew Life, 33 Shades of Green, Skip To My LouNot Just A Housewife, Project Inspire, Setting For Four, Aalderberry Hill, Between Naps on the Porch, Somewhat Simple,

Ask Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from