Monday 26 November 2012

A Paper Bag Advent Calendar...

It's has been more than a few years since I last made an advent calendar, but when I saw these adorable itty bitty chevron bags,  I knew I just had to make something with them!
I got out my scrapbooking stash of punches, Christmas paper scraps, and other embellishments and spent some time creating this calendar.
I am so happy to be able to share it with you!


To begin, I used 2 frames that I already had from Pier 1 to hold pictures. I love these frames and I change the pictures in them from time to time. You could easily use large picture frames you have at home by stapling wire or string on the back to hold your advent calendar treat bags.I hung the two frames side by side to display the whole calendar in our hallway.
 Supplies:
Frames to hold the bags with wire or string to hold the bags {You could also just use string hung on a wall to hold the paper bags.}
25  paper bags
25 mini clothes pins
scrapbook embellishments & adhesive {I used tape runner}
Numbers 1-25,  print out or stickers { I used the numbers from this free printable.}

Directions:
  • Decorate the 25 paper bags with scrapbook embellishments and numbers however you like!You could also give some bags to the kids to help you decorate. It's a great family project.
  • Hang bangs from a string or wire when done.
  • Enjoy!


And what can you put in the bags?  Hersheys kisses, small candies or gum.Since my kids are older, I inserted slips of paper with questions on them for us to have a fun conversation at dinner.Some of the questions are:If you could give $10,000 to any charity for Christmas, which charity would you choose and why? What is the best Christmas surprise you've had so far?


I am busy working Christmas crafts and decorating this week, so I have lots of fun things to share soon.

What are you working on this week? Anything Christmas related? Please do tell!

{Thank you so much for Greenmunch for providing with the chevron paper bags to create my calendar. Please go check out their full line of beautiful party supplies!}




This post is linked to these great parties: Home Stories A to Z, Cozy Little House, Savy Southern Style, Gingersnap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Lil Luna, Uncommon, The DIY Dreamer, Dixie N Dottie, Someday Crafts, 52 Mantels, Stone Gable, 36th Avenue, Frugal Girls, Tidy Mom, Craftberry Bush, Tatertots and Jello, Under The Table & Dreaming, Craft-O-Maniac, Today's Creative Blog,  Chef in Training, Inside Bru Crew Life, It's Overflowing, I Heart Naptime, Skip To My Lou, Not Just A Housewife, Project Inspire, Setting For Four, Aalderberry Hill, Between Naps on the Porch, Somewhat Simple,
,
Ask Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from