Tuesday 8 May 2012

Iced Cappuccino Mix...

If you are a chocolate lover like me, this little drink is a lovely homemade alternative to the coffee shop treat.
Our Canadian chain, Tim Hortons, is famous for it's Iced Cappuccinos...a drink which I love but try to resist buying.
This homemade recipe has a great chocolate feel and not a super strong coffee  flavour.
The taste replicated here is close to the Tim Hortons ice cap I must say...just not slushy like Tims.
And like  yesterday's mix for chai tea latte, this takes a mere minutes to make in the food processor.
This mix would make such a fabulous gift for Mother's Day, birthdays, a hostess gift or any other occasion where a gift is required!

Iced Cappuccino Mix
Makes 48 servings/54 calories each
Makes approx. 4-5 cups of mix
Cost: 55 cents per serving {Canadian}


Ingredients


2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer {I used Western Family brand...a low cost brand available in Western Canada}

2 cups instant hot chocolate mix {I used no name hot chocolate}

1.5 cups cup instant coffee granules {I used Western Family brand}

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: Place in food processor or blender to process to a fine powder.Add 2 heaping teaspoons to cup of hot water for a hot drink, or to cold water or milk and lots of ice for a cold drink. Flavour may vary depending on the type of hot chocolate and instant coffee used. My recipe turned out fine and I didn't have to make any adjustments, but I have read reviews where others do.  I recommend making a test cup to try and adjusting the flavours if needed before storing. Add more sugar if necessary.

And here's how we mix our drinks: 2 heaping teaspoons in a mason jar, add lots of ice, a cup of milk, put lid on jar, flex the biceps with giving the drink a good shake, take lid off and insert straw. Sip with joy! {I admit the drink is a little 'powdery' looking as I think not all of the coffee disolves in cold water, but use a straw and you are good! The taste is perfect!}

If you really want to rock star it up...you could  put it in a blender with ice and give it a good swirl. Then add some whipped cream on top and you have a sinfully delicious treat.

And like yesterday's drink, I packaged  the mix for gift-giving in a $1.50 jar from Dollarama.

 I created this cute little tag on the computer and used cardstock to mat the tag for an extra punch of colour.
And attached this darling little spoon with ribbon from my ribbon stash.
I just made this mix and my daughter has already gone upstairs with her SECOND jar of iced cappuccino to drink while she works on a project for school.
I think we have a winner here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from