Thursday 22 March 2012

On Weekends I Moonlight as a Chauffeur in Pink Pyjamas...

Yes.

It's  true.

I cannot lie.

Why you ask?

It's simple. I have a teenager in the house. She's too young to drive but old enough to have a busy life.

Her social life would rival Snooki's.

Seriouuuuuusly.

I often get texts like this:

"me and Jenn are gonna go to hunger games midnight on Thursday & I'm gonna babysit for Amy on Saturday night she'll pick me up and drop me off but it will be late. can jen and I going skiing on Friday & Saturday morning we wanna go to yoga. and the waterpark on Monday."

Okaaaay.



The thing is that for all of this fun and stuff, I have to drive her. And really. I don't mind.

I liken it to those on demand feedings way back when. It is for such a short period of time. And soon she'll be driving and her friends will be driving and I won't be needed anymore. {I'll just be up half the night worrying about new drivers on the road, but that is a post for another time.}

I'm happy that she is happy. And doing things like skiing and yoga.

Great stuff for a 15 year old to be doing.

But when she goes out at night to hang at a friend's house or to a late night movie on weekends, pick up time is often past my bedtime.

 I used to stay up in my clothes until it was pickup time. But gee whiz, who wants to stay up in an underwire bra all the live long day and night?

So I change into my pink pyjamas.

 And I set my alarm in case I fall asleep.

Tonight she's off to see the much anticipated opening of the 'The Hunger Games'. At midnight. So pick up time will be probably around 3:00 am.

So I'll be changing into my pink cozies around 9 pm. Driving the girls to the movies around 11:15 pm. And then go home to fall asleep watch tv until a 'pick us up please' text arrives.

And then I'll hop in the car in my pink pyjamas and scoot to the theatre, hoping that no one rear-ends me or any other such happenings that would force me to get out of the car in my pink pyjamas. But don't worry....I finish off the fashionable pyjama ensemble with crocs. It completes the look.

Driving around in pink pyjamas can also have it's rewards.

Like the time I went to pick up Hunter at a friend's house, but on this night she kept me waiting a bit too long in the driveway. I got mad and threatened in a text, "If you don't come right now, I'll come to the door in my pyjamas and you won't want that!".

You wanna see a girl fly out the door in record time.

I guess the threat of Mom coming to the door in pink pyjamas is a great motivator.

As a new parent, I, like many,  used to spend lots of time up at night with babes in arms. Now I'm an old parent.... up at night with a steering wheel in my arms driving around town in my skivvies. Fun times.

But the reason is the same.

Because I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from