Wednesday 7 March 2012

Happy Birthday Candy Jar...

Lately, I have had an obsession with mason jars.
I just think that this humble jar can be dressed up in so many fun and giggly ways.
I also like the presentation factor.....the jar becomes a vessel for beautiful colours to shine through.
I even have a pintersest board called, 'Things In A Jar".
My kids are not invited to as many birthday parties as they used to now that they are older.
Older kids tend to have smaller parties.
And we seldom buy toys or clothing for gifts anymore because older children like to pick these things out for themselves.
We give gift cards these days....for itunes, or favourite stores, or movies.
But I always like to give something bright and fun with a gift card.
Enter the "Happy Birthday Candy Jar".
Super simple to construct.
It requires only a jar and 3 kinds of candy.
{And really...you could use any kind of jar!}
Layer the candy inside the jar.
Close the jar.
Cut out a circle of wrapping paper to decorate the jar lid....exactly like generations of woman have been cutting out fabric circles to decorate home preserves in jars for years.
And affix the paper to the lid with some elastics....I found this colourful mix at the dollar store.
Presto...a colourful candy mix to go along with a gift card.
Cute and makes the birthday person feel special!
I made up this jar on Saturday for a birthday party that Tyler was attending.
We gave the birthday boy an itunes gift card...and birthday bons bons in a jar.
I love colour in a jar....whether it be salad....
or candy...
or it could dinner and dessert! Ha!

Do you have mason jars around your house?
Do you use them for anything fun or different?





This post is linked these terrific parties:


 Somewhat Simple


Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projects



UndertheTableandDreaming Skip To My Lou
I Heart Nap TimePositively SplendidIt's Overflowing



I'm Lovin' It at TidyMomSomewhat SimpleThe 36th AVENUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from