Friday 16 March 2012

A Pretty Picnic To Celebrate Spring...

A friend of mine was telling me how bummed she was feeling and the spring couldn't come fast enough for her.
I decided a 'picnic' resuce was in order....the perfect 'pick-me-up' for a kindred spirit.
I quickly put together a basket and whisked her away  to a local art gallery/library building to share lunch together in the building's atrium.
{Remember in yesterday's post  I mentioned some 'yellow' themed projects coming up?}
 I made a few sandwiches and tucked them into glassine bags and tied them with baker's twine for a little bit of pretty.
I also threw in some Pellegrino Lemonata Sodas with yellow striped straws.
A few chips and my homemade choc chip cookies and the picnic was complete.
 These pretty napkins come from the aisles of Superstore.
{I *adore* their kitchen & home decor line...to the point of obsession}
 And this lovely also comes from Superstore....part of a packaged set of 2 yellow pear print dish towels.
 I loved the print as a lining for my picnic basket.
 I put together this picnic in about 10 minutes.
Simple sandwiches, some crunchies, drinks and a cookie dessert.
And we had such a great time together...talking & laughing...and I could see her sad mood melt away.
sunny yellow picnic was the perfect remedy for a friend feeling a little blue.
 Picnics are such a wonderful way to spend time with family & friends.
They are easy to create, fun & relaxed, and easy on the budget.
When my kids were younger, we used to pack picnics often for day trips to parks, museums or  the zoo.
It's so much better to be prepared with a picnic for little ones rather than trying to get into a crowded restaurant for lunch on a hot day.
We still pack picnics in the summer for day trips to the beach or excursions on our boat.
Here are some other great picnic food ideas from our kitchen:
Our favourite picnic sandwich for day trips:
And last week I shared this recipe for a layered salad in a jar which would be another perfect picnic food:
And you can find the recipe for our fav chocolate chip cookie recipe here.
Good weather and picnics are the perfect blend of fun!
Wishing  you a wonderful weekend!
Love to all...xo.

{If you would like to try striped straws, glassine bags, and baker's twine for your own picnic or projects...I purchased my pretties at greenmunch.ca...a Canadian company based here in Alberta which specializes in green products for your home.}

{Thank you so much to Jen at Tatertots & Jello for featuring this picnic.You can view the feature here.}
{Thank you so much to Amy at Positively Splendid for featuring this picnic. You can view the feature here.}
{Thank you so much to Jennie at Craftomaniac for featuring this picnic. You can view the feature here.}
{Thank you so much to Jenn at Clean & Scentsible for featuring this picnic here.}


This post is linked to these terrific parties:


Today's Creative Blog
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




It's OVerflowingDesign Dazzle



Somewhat Simple











Mandy‘s Recipe Box The 36th AVENUE
Tip Junkie handmade projects


UndertheTableandDreamingHome Stories A2Z

I Heart Nap TimePositively Splendid

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from