Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Chip Cookies {Christmas Cookie Week-#ChristmasCookies}

One of my favourite ways to whip up a bunch of easy Christmas cookies is to take a family recipe and change it's 'outfit'. You know...dress 'em up for Christmas with some candy, sprinkles or melted chocolate. While walking the aisles of bulk barn recently, I came across 'Vanilla Christmas Chips' and I said immediately, "You are coming home with me!" I knew that they would be an easy sell with kids..I mean C'MON...they looks so cute and Christmas-y!

Once at home, I knew these cute morsels had to jump into a batch of chocolate chip cookies...minus the chocolate chips of course. These chips are smaller than normal chocolate chips and taste like vanilla. My kids loved them!  I also added some frosting and more little chips on top just for fun!
And just in case you don't have a family favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I'll share mine with you! Cause I'm nice like that!

 Our Family's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen.
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

3.5 cups flour

1 teapsoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda.

2 cups Christmas chips



1. Cream together butter,white sugar and brown sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix well.

2. In separate bowl, mix together flour, salt & baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture. {Not all at once or you will have a big white cloud!} Mix for about 2 minutes. Add christmas chips and mix until just spread out evenly in batter.

3. Scoop onto cookie sheets with small cookie scoop or teaspoon.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-12 minutes.

5. Remove from oven when cookies are just barely brown around the edges and puffed up.Let cool. The cookies will sink a little as they cool...this is good!It means that the texture will be soft and chewy.

I think that these make the most adorable Christmas cookies for kids! They are colourful and bright, easy to make and taste wonderful! 

And in case you missed Day 1, here are my Peppermint Bark Cookies

Don't forget to hop on over to see what the rest of the Christmas Cookies Week Gang is making today too!


Thank you so much for visiting! 
See you with another cookie treat tomorrow!

Linking up with:
Show Me What You Got, The DIY Dreamer, Gingersnap Crafts, I Gotta Create, Inspiration Gallery,  I'm Lovin' It, Liz Marie Blog, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, The Party Bunch, Link Party Palooza,  The Sunday Showcase, The Block Party, Monday Funday,Christmas Chip Cookies, Holiday Recipe Link Party, The DIY Party Time,  Time To Sparkle,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from