Sunday 1 December 2013

Creamy Coconut Curry Vegetables

I had so much fun creating some Indian food this month that I cannot wait to share this recipe with you! You might remember how last month I shared  how I am a Patak's Ambassador and I will be sharing a special recipe each month with the help of delightful and flavorful Patak's products.
This month, I created a Creamy Coconut Curry Vegetable dish and it is so, so good and perfect as a tummy-warming supper after a cold winter's day.
As part of being of Patak's Ambassador, I was challenged to visit an Indian restaurant to sample Indian food and then to re-create a dish at home! How fun is that? Since my family is insanely busy with hockey schedules and work schedules, we rarely have time to go out to dinner as a family. So I invited 2 girlfriends to go with me to a local Indian restaurant where we enjoyed a fun-filled lunch with great food, awesome table service and great laughs. We took advantage of the lunch buffet where we could sample a myriad of Indian dishes including saffron rice, tandoori lamb,  curried vegetables, samosas and other Indian dishes. They were all so good and smelled so wonderful and although none of us had been to an Indian restaurant before, we all loved this completely new-to-us experience. Here is what my plate looked like after I had visited the buffet...so many good things to try!
For dessert, I had a small bowl of cool and refreshing Kheer.
And we ended our meal with a warm cup of chai tea, which smelled heavenly!
My girlfriends and I had the best time!
After sampling all of that great food, one of the dishes that stood out to me was the coconut curry vegetable dish. It was so good that I decided to re-create it at home for our 'meatless Monday' night.
With the help of Patak's sauces, it was super simple to prepare and it tasted so marvelous that I was thoroughly impressed!
I served it on a bed of basmati rice with slices of naan bread and it was totally delicious and satisfying.
Here's how I did it so you can create this dish for your family at home.

Creamy Coconut Curry Vegetables
{Serves 4 main dishes or 8 side dishes}


Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
2 baby eggplants or zucchini, sliced in coins
1 cup green beens
1 cup green peas
1 jar of Patak's Creamy Coconut & Peanut Sauce
1-2 tbsp of Patak's Mild Curry Paste
fresh mint or cilantro

Directions:
1. Add vegetable oil to a large hot frying pan.
2. To frying pan, add onion, carrots, cauliflower, and eggplant. Stir fry vegetables for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add full jar of Patak's Creamy Coconut & Peanut Sauce and 1-2 tablespoons Patak's Mild Curry Paste. Stir and mix into vegetables and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add green beans and peas. Let simmer until green beans are tender.
5. Serve vegetables over a bed of rice. Sprinkle with fresh mint or fresh cilantro. Serve!

Delicious!
Have you visited the new Patak's online space? It is full of amazing recipes and meal ideas like this easy main dish-Coconut & Pineapple Shrimp, or this delicious appetizer.....Mango Chutney & Cheese Crostini...perfect for the holiday season!
As a busy mom, I really appreciate how Patak's products can be a great meal helper and assist me in getting a flavourful and delicious meal ready for my family in under half an hour! Everyone agrees that these sauces taste great and can make almost any dish a favourite meal!
I invite you to visit Patak's and mix in a little India

Disclosure: I am part of the Patak's Ambassador Program with Mom Central Canada and receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.


This post is linked to:
Under The Table & Dreaming, Time to Sparkle, Chef-In-Training, One Project At A Time, Show Me What You Got,  The DIY Dreamer, Gingersnap Crafts, I Gotta Create, I'm Lovin' It, Inspire Me Please, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from