Tuesday 4 June 2013

Father's Day Collage

I had such a fun day playing with my scrapbooking supplies creating this collage for my husband for Father's Day. I used one of my favorite pictures of my husband with our kids taken about 6 yeas ago...but I think it is adorably cute & timeless. Although I have a ton of scrapbooking supplies leftover from 10 years of a hard core scrapbooking habit, as well as years of teaching scrapbooking classes, I know that you can find many of these supplies at the dollar store, so not to fear if you don't have a stash of supplies!

 Here are the supplies that I used. For the base of the collage, I used an old laminated board that we had that was the perfect size, but you could use a canvas or a piece of plywood too if that is what you have. I love using recycled supplies where possible!

Supplies: 
board, 8" x 9" or whatever size you like
scrapbook adhesive and/or glue
modge podge + foam brush
scrapbook paper
cardstock scraps
chipboard letters that spell dad, buttons and other stickers or embellishments
Picture, 5" x 7", trimmed if desired.

Directions:
1. Measure and cut scrapbook paper to cover board or canvas. Using foam brush, apply a thin layer of modge podge to board and press scrapbook paper on top. Use a ruler to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. Let dry.
2. Add picture and surround picture with cardstock scraps & embellishments and the word "DAD". Play around until you have a pleasing design!
3. When you have the picture & embellishments in the desired place, use scrapbook adhesive or glue to attach pictures and embellishments to board. Done!
 Don't be afraid to add small embellishments here and there. I find even simple things like buttons can make a collage look so beautiful!
I made this gift for my husband to display in his office. As you know, I love picture-inspired gifts.
This is a fairly easy project to tackle, so don't be afraid to try! And if you give it a try and it looks too plain...add some buttons! That's a little trick that always works for me!

You can find some of my other father's day gift ideas here, here and here

And you can find more ideas on these Pinterest boards:

Wishing you a wonderful crafty day!

This post is linked to:
Somewhat SimpleThe 36th Avenue, I Gotta Create, StoneGable, Becoming Martha, The Frugal Girls, Design, Dining & Diapers,  Whipperberry, 30 Handmade Days, Tatertots and Jello, It's Overflowing, What's Cooking With Ruthie,  Aalderberry Hill, Uncommon Designs, I Heart Naptime, A Pretty Little Life In The Suburbs,   I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Under The Table & Dreaming, The DIY Dreamer,
Not Just A Housewife,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from