Sunday 19 August 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet 16 Party...

This week my sweet Hunter turns 16,  but she celebrated this past Saturday with her best girlfriends with a dinner out and a surprise party afterwards back at our house.
It all started with a text from 3 of her best girlfriends in July telling me how they would like to throw her a dinner  and have a surprise party after at our house.
I was so thrilled that her friends wanted to do something so special for her... I was right on board to help in anyway I could! I offered to pay for the dinner of course, and all the girls had to do was plan the party and invite the guests.
I set about coming up with a few ideas for how  I could 'take' a party to a restaurant and sprinkle about some quick & easy decorations that would make the birthday dinner special.
I decided to make a little centerpiece with fresh flowers.
I found the white lace bucket at Ikea and then I spied these amazingly beautiful pink gerbera daisies at the local grocery store.
I used 5 stems of  gerbera daisies and filled in the rest with small white mums and some greenery to make a small arrangement.
I made the '16' pick with scrapbook stickers and cardstock and then attached it to a bamboo skewer to pop into the flowers.

Here's everything that I took to the restaurant...
Pink lemonade cupcakes from the local cupcake shoppe....my Hunter's favourite.
 I put together some little treat bags using these adorable pink polka dot bags from Greenmunch. {You can find them here.}
I tucked inside the bags some teenage girl things: lip gloss, tissues, little lipstick mirrors for their purses, candy bracelets and some other candy treats.
I stamped this lovely Helen Keller quote on white cardstock to make tags to tie on the bags.
I also brought along some fun silver beads for all the girls and a crown for the birthday girl, some after dinner mints for the table and some fun stripey straws for the pink lemonade I ordered to be brought to the table.
The decorations were just enough to make a regular restaurant booth feel special and festive for a sweet 16 party.
The birthday girl and her friends had so much fun!
It turned out to be a wonderful evening.
My daughter is so incredibly lucky to have such amazing girlfriends to shower her with so much love and thoughtfulness.
Girlfriends are the essensce of life, aren't they?

The best & most beautiful things
Beautiful Things
cannot be seen or even touched
Touched
they must be felt with the
Heart
~Helen Keller


This post is linked to these terrific parties:


Somewhat Simple52 Mantels
The DIY Dreamer
Positively SplendidIt's Overflowing

WhipperberryI'm Lovin' It at TidyMomThe 36th AVENUE


Lil\'Luna

Today's Creative BlogChef In Training
Skip To My LouUndertheTableandDreaming 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from