Wednesday 1 August 2012

Decadent & Delicious Strawberry Soup Dessert...

Since I am on a summer fruit desserts kick lately, I want to share with you another favourite of ours....Strawberry Dessert Soup. This soup is so cool & refreshing and is a wonderful end to a meal on a sultry summer day.  Best of all, it is so simple to make....all it  requires is a blender and 10 minutes of time. It is GLUTEN-FREE and there is no baking or hot oven involved. This recipes comes from a cooking class I took  a number of years ago and it has been a summer classic for us ever since.  The kids love this soup and ask for it, and as soon as I say I am making it, they tell each other, "Mom's making strawberry soup today!".{I shared this recipe 2 years ago, but it's such a fav, I thought I would share it again since I have a lot of new readers}
Strawberry Soup


Base:

2 cups strawberries

1 c. brown sugar ( I have cut this back to 1/2 cup)

1 c. water

1 large orange

2/3 c. white wine {You can leave this out if you prefer, but it does add to the depth of flavour.}

1 c. plain yogurt (I have used both regular yogurt & Greek yogurt}

Directions:
Place brown sugar & strawberries in food processor/blender and puree 1 minute. Pour  strawberry mixture into a bowl.

Take orange and squeeze out fresh orange juice into strawberry mixture.  Add white wine. Stir. Add yogurt. If too thick, add water. If too thin, add more pureed strawberries. You want the soup to be somewhat thick.


To serve,  ladle the soup base into bowls and finish off with a scoop of vanilla or strawberry ice cream in the middle of the soup, with more fresh strawberries sliced on top. I also usually garnish with some whipped cream and a little finely chopped mint.
The ice creams melts down into the soup as you eat it, and it is oh-so-delicious and decadent!!

Store any uneaten soup in the fridge. I usually make double batches because it disappears so fast!

This dessert is a wonderful dish to serve guests. It's my go-to dessert to serve dinners guests in the summer!
Thank you so much for visiting... you are all so wonderful!

If you would like to see other delicious summer fruit desserts, please check out here and here.


This post is linked to these parties:

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom


Lil\'Luna


Home Stories A2ZChef In Training

Today's Creative BlogUndertheTableandDreaming 



Funky Junk InteriorsSomewhat Simple


The 36th AVENUE


No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from