Monday 18 June 2012

Sweet & Easy Canada Day Dessert...

We are counting down the days to summer vacation!
My daughter is in the process of writing final exams and my son has only has a few days of school left.
Canada Day is coming up on July 1 and we are usually in Nova Scotia, but this year we are at home in Alberta.
We are making plans to host a fun BBQ in our back yard with some friends and then heading to the fireworks in our city.
As I begin some menu planning for our gathering,  I wanted to come up with a  dessert that  I could serve that was simple so I could have more time for hanging out with guests and less time in the kitchen.
This dessert = no baking required!
 I found these great maple leaf cookies in the bakery section of the grocery store {Safeway} and I thought they were perfect to dress up some ice cream for some great-looking Canadiana!
This dessert is so easy you could easily serve it at the cottage or campground!
For this dessert, you just need some maple leaf cookies{if you can't find some in the bakery section of your grocery store....look in the packaged cookie aisle where I know there is another brand available}, vanilla ice cream, strawberries and red sprinkles.
To plate, just add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to a plate, gently press cookie into the top of the ice cream, add some strawberries and flourish with red sprinkles.

I think it makes a pretty fab looking dessert for very little effort, yes?

Do you have any special plans for Canada Day?



This post is linked to:
Tatertots and Jello, Becoming Martha, Aalderberry Hill, StoneGable, Uncommon Designs Online,

1 comment:

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from