Thursday 10 October 2013

Living Room Makeover

As the weather cools down and changes to Fall, I suddenly realized our living room was looking a little tired, so I decided to refresh it with some color and added coziness as we will soon be spending many cold winter days inside. I decided that this makeover would include some vibrant new pillows, an area rug and a few new accessories.
The first thing I looked to for some inspiration for this makeover were some new pillows. Our existing throw pillows had certainly seen better days, so it was time for a new look.

I really wanted a bright and cheerful look to carry us through the gray days of winter, so I chose a mix of patterns that 'talk' to each other but don't necessarily match.
I also found a nail-trimmed orange tray that became the perfect pop of color for the coffee table.
I spray-painted the coffee table white to help lighten the room.
However, I am thinking of changing the color again from white to something else...cause I'm a tweak freak like that!
{I am thinking a nice turquoise. What do you think?}
The crowing glory to the whole space is our brand new area rug.
I have been searching for 8 long years for a rug that fit both my love of stylish trends AND our budget.
I finally found what I was looking for at O.com in this beautiful hand-hooked trellis rug!
This lovely rug comes in 12 colors, and after careful consideration, I chose navy for our living room because I thought navy would work the best for color in the room while also handling the heavy traffic that this room gets.
I love how it pulls our living room together and lends a wonderful style to a room that is sometimes overwhelmed by dark brown sofas.
This beautiful rug is warm and cozy and is the perfect piece for this room.
It's also very easy to care for with just a quick vacuum.
And imagine my surprise when this issue of HGTV magazine arrived and...
...this exact rug was named as a designer's favorite rug.
Seriously, if you need an affordable wool rug for any space in your home, this rug is a great choice, and how could you go wrong with 12 colors to choose from?
My rug also came in less than a week and arrived on my doorstep in perfect shape.
If you haven't hear of O.com....it's an online discount retailer  that sells a broad range of products including furniture, rugs, bedding, electronics, clothing, jewelry and cars.
If you have never visited O.com, go over and have a visit!
Here is just a sampling of what O.com has for Halloween:
You never know...you might find just the thing you are looking for at an affordable price!


Disclosure: A special thank you to O.com for providing this rug for purposes of review. However, all opinions are my own.


This post is linked to:
Transformation Thursday, Inspiration Gallery, Crafty & Chic Party, Tidy Mom, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons,  Inspire Me Please, Remodelaholic, Pity Party, Party Palooza, The Sunday Showcase,  Craft-O-Maniac, Uncommon Designs, Block Party, Gingersnap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style,  The Inspiration Exchange, The 36th Avenue, Liz Marie Blog, Chic & Craft Party, Share Your Creativity, Super Saturday Show & Tell,  The Sunday Showcase, Inspirational Monday, Show Me What You GotMetamorphosis Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from