Monday 31 March 2014

A Fresh Bedroom Look For Spring

Follow on Bloglovin
Aaah! Spring! Did we think it would ever arrive? I love when the days become filled with longer hours of bright sunlight and windows can be opened for crisp envelopes of fresh air. 
After months of winter...it feels so good to re-fresh the house some spring cleaning and fresh looks.
One of the things I turned my attention to recently was our bedroom. Completely ready to throw off the browns of winter, I wanted to go for something new for Spring. There is nothing like new soft bedding to crawl into at night in bright new colours. 
I have always loved blues, so I though I would return to those shades for a new look for Spring.
I'm not sure if it's because I am a Nova Scotian girl who grew up with the Bay of Fundy within a stone's reach, but I find watery blues and green so soothing and calm. 
And it was also a chance to bring out the afghan that my Grandmother knitted for me more than 25 years ago in my favorite colour...blue...of course. Although my grandmother passed away more than 12 years ago, I am so happy to have this beautiful treasure made by her.
I also decided to bring in some fresh tulips to enjoy while reading at night. Plus, it's so nice to walk past the bedroom during the day and see those lovely tulips.
I think having a calm and soothing bedroom is so important. Bedrooms can be a such peaceful sanctuary after busy or stressful day. I like to keep our bedroom clutter-free and organized so that it feels calm as soon as we walk in.
 I have never had white bedding before, so this new look feels so good!
And I never, ever put sheets or anything on my bed unless it has been washed in Sunlight Laundry Soap first.
I have very sensitive skin and when I wash clothing or bedding, not only do I want them to be clean and to smell great, but I want things that are gentle to my skin.
That is why I have used Sunlight Laundry Soap for 25 years.
When I first moved out on my own 25 years ago, I quickly learned that picking up any laundry soap was just not going to work for my skin. And I found that of all the brands that I tried, Sunlight-The Lemon One,was the one laundry soap that did not bother my skin and it has been my mainstay ever since.

I have used this brand to do my family's laundry since I have become a wife and mom too.
It's a brand that I know, love and trust.

Did you know that Sunlight-The Lemon One-is also hosting a great contest right now too?
When you buy any 2 Sunlight products, you could enter to win 1 of 10 packages of appliances, products or cleaning services for a year.
Learn more and enter by visiting HERE.

Disclosure: Thank you so much to Sunlight Laundry for sponsoring this post. As always, I only partner with brands and products that I use and love in my own home. And I have been a long-time use of Sunlight Laundry Soap.

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with:
Tidy Mom, Tip Me TuesdayGingersnap CraftsSavvy Southern Style, Show Me What You GotOne Project At A TimeTake A Look TuesdayThe DIY DreamerInspiration Gallery,   The Party Bunch,  Super Saturday, Our Sunday Best, That DIY Party, Monday FundayThe Sunday Soiree Party, The Block Party,  The ScoopHome Stories A to Z,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from