Thursday 27 February 2014

Movie Munchie Mix for the Oscars

Follow on Bloglovin
One thing that I look forward to every year is the watching the Oscars. My family loves to watch movies and we often debate and argue about what we think is the best movie of the year.We usually keep things casual around here and watching the Oscars in our jammies is 'modus operandi' in our house. And since the Sweetheart Munchie Mix I made for Valentine's Day was such a hit, I have had numerous requests to make it again. So I whipped up some 'Movie Munchie Mix' for Oscar night, with some different crunch added to the mix.
We like to watch the Oscars as soon as the red carpet festivities begin. We have supper early and then save room for a snack or dessert for later in the evening. I love watching the red carpet to see what all of the stars are wearing and seeing the informal red carpet interviews when everyone is excited for the evening and looking their best. Our family likes to call our choices for the different categories at red carpet time. While visiting one of my favourite blogs, Living Locurto,  I discovered this handy dandy free 2014 Oscar Ballet sheet that can be printed to record picks for each different category, so I have my picks for Sunday all ready! How about you? Do you have a few favourites in mind?
And here's my recipe for this year's snack pick...Movie Munchie Mix! It's a blend of sweet & salty, accented with chocolate because...you just can't have mix without  chocolate.And the star of the show in this mix is Chex. It adds just the right amount of crunch and flavor and is perfect for making a mix for sharing at any big event. Did you know that Chex is gluten-free? So it' a great base for snack mix for any merry movie munchers who are eating gluten-free!

Movie Munchie Mix
Ingredients:
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups popcorn
2 cups pretzels
1-1/2 cups chocolate covered candies
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Spread Chex cereal, popcorn and pretzels on large cookie sheet.
2. Sprinkle chocolate covered candies over Chex, pretzels and popcorn.
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over snack mix. Let chocolate harden.
4. Pour into a bowl and serve.
And if you are looking for more Hollywood-inspired recipes, don't forget to visit the 
Chex Mix Hollywood page HERE to see all of the delicious snack mixes!
{There is also a link to a $1.00 OFF Chex coupon. While supplies last.}

So tell me,  what is your pick for the best of 2013?
My guess is 12 Years A Slave, although I loved Philomena too!

Disclosure: I am part of the Chex Mix Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this groups. The opinions on the blog are my own.


 Follow on Bloglovin


This post is linked to:
Take A Look Tuesday,Super Saturday, Tatertots and Jello, Link Party PaloozaMonday Funday,  Our Sunday Best, Home Stories A to ZTip Me Tuesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from