Friday 13 July 2012

Five Cup Salad...The Prettiest Little Salad Ever

Who remembers this salad?  It's an oldie but goodie.
Five Cup Salad or Ambrosia.
It could also be called, "5 Minute Salad" too, because, literally that is what it takes to make.
I hadn't had this salad for decades until I had it at my cousin's house a few years ago.
And it was so good.
How many times have I mentioned 'heat wave' this week, but I have to say it again...with the recent heat wave and our lack of air conditioning, I have been making low cook or no cook foods this week.
I made this for dessert for us.
It's cool, light and refreshing.
And in case there is anyone who hasn't tried this, here is the recipe.
 It is so easy that the kids could make it!

1 cup sour cream
1 cup pineapple tidbits
1 cup madarin oranges
1 cup mini marshmallows (I used the coloured ones}
1 cup shredded coconut

Mix together and refrigerate.
Tastes better the next day!

Have  a great weekend and stay cool my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from