Monday 2 April 2012

Style at Home: Trends for Spring 2012

Can you believe that Spring has arrived already ?
I am trying to, but we got hit with a little more snow last night.
But my day was brightened with an email from Canada's Style at Home magazine....sharing their 3 top trends for Spring 2012 and inviting me to share their tips with my readers.
{Thank you Elaine!}
I am a long-time subscriber to Style At Home magazine and being able to work with them as a blogger is so fun!
{Just to let you know...I am not receiving any compensation for this post...I am writing it simply because I love Style At Home mag & home decor.}
***
 I am totally loving this Spring's trends.
 I want to share with you a few easy ways that you can incorporate them into your space.
The first Style at Home trend is FLORALS.
I have loved florals forever and a day and I am happy to see that I am right on trend!
There are so many ways that florals can be added into decor.....fresh flowers, wallpaper, plates, dishes and furniture.
Florals are available in so many fresh & inspiring colours....like the beautiful room below that graces the cover of the April 2012 issue of Style At Home.

{Source: Style At Home}

And although I adore the floral chairs in that gorgeous room, it's not within my budget this year to go out & purchase new chairs.
But I can add floral pillows to my living room sofa to keep the look interesting & fun.
Floral pillows are relatively easy to find in many colours and to fit any budget.
I made these pillows from Amy Butler fabrics....I love her collection!
***
The second Style At Home trend is COLOURED GLASS.
The trend this Spring is toward a palette of pale blues and earthy greens, along with translucent and milky shades of glass.
Interesting and sculptural shapes make for an eye-catching display.
{Source: Style At Home}

When I read about this trend, I got excited.
And then I got busy combing through my collection of glassware and creating this pretty vignette for Spring.
I happened to have assorted glass pieces in various shades of  greens and blues.
Most of my collection comes from the local Goodwill store and I didn't pay more than $2 for any one piece.
The pretty antique blue-green hobnailed vase in the centre belonged to my Grandmother and I adore it for it`s sentimentality.
It makes a nice addition to this vignette.
I filled in the rest of the grouping with clear glass pieces in different shapes.
I am sure if you checked around your home, you would find glass objects that would make a pretty picture as well.
***

The third Style At Home trend is: Orange.
I am sure that many of you who read design blogs and magazines know that Pantone`s Tangerine Tango was chosen as this year`s colour of the year.
And I will let you in on a little secret....I am not a fan of orange.
I never wear orange. I never buy orange home decor items.
I would never wear orange lipstick.
But I do admire orange in other spaces & places....I have a friend who wears orange all the time and she looks fantastic!
And I have seen orange in other people`s homes and I love it`s energy.
The pillows below are fabulous....I would love them on my sofa!

So this morning I challenged myself to add a little orange to our living room.
I looked around for some orange books to use to create a little somethin' somethin'  for our living room coffee table.
And of course, the ORANGE books I found were design books!
And then when I went to the grocery store to pick up some lunch things for the kids, and I spied these orange tulips for just $3.99.
Perfect!
I brought them home and added them to my orange challenge!
And I have to say that I love it.
And it feels fantastic to step a teeny-tiny bit out of my comfort zone!
Just the pop of Spring freshness I was craving!
***
What do you think of Style At Home`s 3 trends for Spring?
What trend is  your favourite and will  you be adding any of these trends to your space for Spring?
Please do tell...inquiring minds want to know!


And be sure to pick up the fabulous new issue of Style At Home.



This post is linked to these terrific spring parties:





Home Stories A2ZUndertheTableandDreaming

I Heart Nap TimeIt's OVerflowingPositively Splendid

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



The 36th AVENUEToday's Creative Blog


Home Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projects





No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from