Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas Cookie Week: Reindeer Cookies

This is my favourite cookie to make with kids or for kids at Christmas.
*The Reindeer Cookie*
I originally saw this idea in a magazine years ago, however the original cookie recipe wasn't very tasty, so I use the simple sugar cookie recipe that mixes up in 10 minutes that I shared yesterday.
{You can find it here.}
The dough is shaped in triangles to give the shape of a reindeer face.
 For these cookies, you will need:
-small pretzels for the antlers
-red candies for the nose {I have used these over the years-m&m candies, small jelly beans, hot tamales candies cut in half}
-brown candies for the eyes-{I have used chocolate chips and brown m&m's in the past.}
Directions: Shape balls of dough in to a triangle. Add pretzels for antlers and candies to make eyes and nose.
 Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool before transferring to cooking rack.
I have been making these cookies for a number of years.
When my daughter was younger, we always hosted a little 'Christmas Party' for a few of her friends.
We made Reindeer Cookies, and then I usually had a Christmas craft project ready for the girls to create.
I usually gave each of the children a cookie sheet with balls of dough so that they could shape and decorate the cookies themselves.
I would put 8 cookies on a sheet and set out little bowls of candies.
Look at these sweet little faces from 2004!
This was the last Christmas we spent in Nova Scotia before we moved to Alberta in 2005.
My daughter is a teenager now!
If you a looking for a cookie project to create with the little children in your life this year...this fun project is just the answer!
This recipe is not hard..and remember that kids love to create and to them...it doesn't have to be perfect!



This post is linked to these parties:








Thirty Hand Made Days












Tip Junkie handmade projects



Todays Creative Blog


UndertheTableandDreaming

Tatertots and Jello

Just A Girl

Design Dazzle

Link Party




Home Stories A2Z










Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from